Have you ever tried matcha green tea? Whether you are new to it or a long-time fan, I have a protein shake recipe for you today that I think you’re gonna enjoy.
It’s packed with nutrition but tastes like a treat. My matcha iced protein latte is similar to the Starbucks matcha green latte but healthier and tastier.
This drink is perfect as a mid-afternoon pick-me-up and you also can drink it before your workout if you need a little oomph to get moving.
Here’s why: you’ll get an energy boost from the matcha, which some studies show can also increase mental focus AND the rate your body burns fat. Turmeric is known for its anti-inflammatory properties, and cinnamon has been proven to help balance blood sugar. Win-win-win!
Not only that, but this tastes amazing. Note: the Starbucks version uses vanilla syrup, but I switched that out for protein powder. If you have some vanilla stevia drops, those might work as well, or you can add a drop or two of pure vanilla extract.
Here’s your new favorite protein shake recipe!
Matcha Iced Protein Latte
- 1 tsp. organic matcha powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup of your favorite milk or milk substitute (almond, light coconut milk from carton, etc.)
- 1 tbsp. vanilla protein powder (or to taste)
- Optional: stevia or honey, to taste
- Ice cubes
- Mix the matcha, turmeric, and cinnamon together in a bowl until fully blended, and then slowly add the coconut milk, whisking as you go along to avoid clumps.
- Pour the mixture into a blender, and add protein powder. Blend until frothy.
- Taste, and add stevia or honey if you want more sweetness – this is plenty sweet for me as-is but your taste buds might think differently.
- Pour over ice cubes and enjoy. (You can also add ice cubes to the blender for a thicker milkshake-like consistency.)
Be sure to let me know what you think if you give this a try.
Got a favorite, tasty protein shake recipe of your own? Comment below!
Join my private Facebook group for more recipes and weekly Facebook Lives with certified coaches at https://facebook.com/groups/HFandU/. We’d love to see you there!